Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The end of the beginning

There are only two days left of the Emerging Instructional Technologies class, which means that the end of the first class in the two-year Instructional Technology graduate program is in sight.

This particular course will be over soon, but I hope that the friendships taking root this week will continue to grow. Our final project team (see photo) was working so well together today that it was just plain fun. Another classmate and I have so much in common that we must have been twins separated at birth.

Earlier this week Dr. Leigh Zeitz invited our cohort over for a barbecue in his backyard, which was a very gracious gesture. It was nice to meet some of the other faculty members there from whom we will be learning in the months to come.

It's a privilege to be a part of this learning community!

4 comments:

  1. What a great team, it's been fun! I've learned so much from this course and from all of you. Looking forward to the next two years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great course! I liked your comment about a learning community....what I've learned SINCE I retired, is that my learning community is no longer restricted to my colleagues in the building or the district or even in the state! I've learned so much from people around the world whom I've never met! I've always learned from my students, but now I'm learning from Dr. Z's students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working with each of you has been great. I am learning so much fro each of you. Even though I am not in the cohort I will stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete